Savor Historic Gold Coast & Old Town Food Tour
Get ready to taste some of the best foods in Chicago’s Gold Coast & Old Town! Victorian-era buildings, brick alleyways and narrow, tree-lined streets are charming backdrops to a busy main strip of restaurants and shops on Wells Street. Family-owned restaurants are fixtures of the neighborhood and the variety of food ranges from sushi and steak to pizza and pasta. The mix of old taverns with new bars and boutiques keeps the Gold Coast & Old Town a favorite Chicago neighborhood for people of all ages. We will walk to seven different food tastings (enough for lunch) which are included in the ticket price: (restaurants are subject to change). Unlike other Old Town Food Tours Tastebud Food Tours allows time for shopping at all stops, get ready to have fun!
Roll up your sleeves and get messy with world famous gourmet deep-dish pizza here. These pizza pioneer family have been serving their pizza pie (the secret’s in the crust) for more than 60 years. Voted #1 deep dish pizza in Chicago by USA Today.
These hand crafted cupcakes are made from the finest ingredients. Patty Rothman creates one-of-a-kind flavor combinations with the perfect frostings, and garnishes good enough to eat on their own. Your cupcake is waiting!
The large selection of wines, whiskey and craft beers pairs perfectly with a fun menu of elevated comfort fare.
Born from a life-long obsession with all things chocolate, this chocolate salon curates a collection of rare flavors and bean-to-bar finds from around the world. We’ll have a gourmet chocolate tasting and learn about cocoa grown around the world.
Enjoy a classic Chicago style hot dog as the neighborhood grill. Just remember, hold the ketchup!
You can’t walk past this storefront without getting a whiff of the intoxicating spices within. Sniff, taste and learn about exotic spices from around the world. The friendly staff are extremely knowledgeable and would love to help you discover something new to spice up your favorite dishes back home.
Described as “a playground for your palate,” stop by to sample, mix and match premium olive oils with uniquely flavored vinegars. Working with small batch producers, Old Town Oil brings you the highest quality oils that you won’t find anywhere else in town.
- Tours are walking tours, and run 6 days a week, starting at 11:00 am daily. Please wear comfortable shoes and clothing and dress for rain or shine! This tour generally lasts 3 to 3.5 hours.
- All Tastebud guests will receive food from each Tastebud food stop. Menu items vary, so come hungry! Vegetarian options are available – please let us know in advance. We apologize, but we cannot accommodate vegan or gluten free dietary restrictions.
- Guests are welcome to to purchase adult (21 and over) or other beverages where available along the way of your Tastebud Tours journey.
- The price of this tour is $55.00 and includes all food.
- This tour starts at Pizano's Pizza at 864 N State Street, Chicago.