The Original Taste of Wrigleyville Food Tour
The Chicago Cubbies finally broke the curse of the Billy Goat and won the World Series Championship! Join in on the celebration by taking a two-hour walking food tour through the streets which house the second-oldest ballpark in the majors, ivy laden Wrigley Field.
Ditch the peanuts and “hit a home run” by tantalizing your mind and taste buds with everything that Wrigleyville has to offer! You’ll be lead by a professional guide who shares the sights and stories behind the historical, cultural and architectural components that make up this legendary Chicago neighborhood. This is your chance to capture your obligatory photos in front of the famous Cubbies’ marquee and Harry Caray Statue!
Murphy’s has been a fixture in Wrigleyville for close to 80 years. From its post prohibition origin as Ernie’s Bleachers, selling hot dogs and beer by the pail, to home of the Bleacher Bums in the 60’s, it has been both a hub of the neighborhood and a haven for Cubs fans.
However, it became the legend it is today when Chicago Police Detective Jim Murphy took over. Jim had a vision that transformed an entire neighborhood. He understood the draw of historic Wrigley Field and allure of cold beer on a sunny day.
A great way to start a food tour is having Murphy's famous mini Cheeseburger!
Serving a #1 Chicago Style Hotdog since 1992! Planning on visiting Wrigley Field for a Chicago Cubs baseball game? We're just a block away. A great stop on a Tastebud tour, play ball!
The sandwich that started It all! The history of Al's Italian Beef Restaurant dates back to 1938 when Al Ferrari and his sister and brother-in-law, Frances and Chris Pacelli, Sr., developed the original idea and recipe for the original Italian beef sandwich. A big hit with locals! A home run for all Tastebud Tour guests.
- Tours are walking tours, and run on non-game days. See calendar for availability. Please wear comfortable shoes and clothing and dress for rain or shine! This tour generally lasts 2 hours.
- All Tastebud guests will receive food from each Tastebud food stop. Menu items vary, so come hungry! Vegetarian options are available – please let us know in advance. We apologize, but we cannot accommodate vegan or gluten free dietary restrictions.
- Guests are welcome to to purchase adult (21 and over) or other beverages where available along the way of your Tastebud Tours journey.
- The price of this tour is $55.00 and includes all food.
- This tour starts at Murphy's Bleachers 3655 North Sheffield Avenue.