Taste of North Beach
North Beach is San Francisco’s Little Italy and has historically been home to a large Italian-American population. This neighborhood used to be an actual beach, but was filled in with landfill in the late 19th century. Come enjoy a walking tour exploring classic Italian restaurants with us – we’ll amaze you with fun facts and fill your tummy with the best of San Francisco eats.
We will walk to six different food tastings (enough for lunch), which are included in the ticket price: (restaurants are subject to change).
This specialty Italian gourmet grocery serves delicacies from the Marche and Emilia-Romagna regions of Italy.
Tony Gemignani is an 11-time World Pizza Champion and you’ll learn why here, when he shares his award-winning pizzas with us.
This is the most authentic Italian café in town, lauded by The New York Times, Food Arts and the San Francisco Chronicle. We’ll enjoy Illy Caffe’s housemade tiramisu, which goes great with a cappuccino.
We’ll enjoy the best cannoli in North Beach here amidst lyrics from Andrea Bocelli, weathered vintage photos of San Francisco’s Little Italy and a European football (that’s soccer) game blaring on the TV.
The extensive selection of house made pasta, pizza, seafood and meat here is sure to delight us. We’ll try a “tricolore” taste of Italy with three different pastas and sauces in red, white and green – the colors of the Italian flag
- Tours are walking tours, and run Friday through Monday. Please wear comfortable shoes and clothing and dress for rain or shine! This tour generally lasts 3 to 3.5 hours. Special Note: If you have a group of 6 people or larger and would like to have a tour Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday please contact us to see if we can accommodate your group.
- All Tastebud guests will receive food from each Tastebud food stop. Menu items vary, so come hungry! Vegetarian options are available – please let us know in advance. We apologize, but we cannot accommodate vegan or gluten free dietary restrictions.
- Guests are welcome to to purchase adult (21 and over) or other beverages where available along the way of your Tastebud Tours journey.
- The price of this tour is $65.00 and includes all food.
- Taste of North Beach tour meets in front of The Italian Homemade Company, located at 716 Columbus Avenue, San Francisco, CA