Taste of New Orleans du Jour
However many days you’re spending in the Crescent City, there’s no better way to start your visit than with the ultimate local food tour. Walk and eat your way through the streets of the French Quarter and visit Jackson Square in the heart of the city while our guides entertain you with fun facts and point out famous sights.
We will walk to five different food tastings (enough for lunch), which are included in the ticket price: (restaurants are subject to change)
The Lunch Bell Ringeth! Come hungry!
Nestled in the historic French Quarter, the Creole pralines and hand-dipped chocolates here are made fresh daily with recipes that date back to the 18th century. New Orleans’ oldest candy store is still going strong.
This restaurant was previously a Spanish armory before it started serving classic Creole dishes in an elegant setting. We’ll try their house specialty – a tender boiled beef brisket served in Creole sauce with just a touch of horseradish.
You haven't experienced New Orleans until you've been to New Orleans Creole Cookery!
Launched by A.J. and Anna Tusa of the famous New Orleans Tusa restaurant family, the New Orleans Creole Cookery boasts a spark of new-generation energy, presenting some of New Orleans’ most treasured cooking traditions in an innovative setting that speaks to the way people dine today. Famous Bread pudding awaits your Taste buds!
- Tours are walking tours, and run 6 days a week, starting at 1:00 pm daily. Please wear comfortable shoes and clothing and dress for rain or shine! This tour generally lasts 3 to 3.5 hours.
- All Tastebud guests will receive food from each Tastebud food stop. Menu items vary, so come hungry! Vegetarian options are available – please let us know in advance. We apologize, but we cannot accommodate vegan or gluten free dietary restrictions.
- Guests are welcome to to purchase adult (21 and over) or other beverages where available along the way of your Tastebud Tours journey.
- The price of this tour is $56.00 and includes all food.
- This tour starts at 816 Decatur St, New Orleans. The area in which you will be meeting is called ‘The Shops at the Colonnade’, which is part of the French Market complex.