Taste of New Orleans Du jour
Whether you’ve got one, two or three days in the Crescent City, start with the ultimate Food Tour, The Tastebud Taste of New Orleans Du jour. This is it! Eat your way through the streets of New Orleans!
This guided Tastebud tour visits 5 food tasting locations in the historic French Quarter. All food tastings, more than enough for lunch, are included in the Tastebud ticket price. CLICK HERE TO ORDER NOW $44.00 PER TICKET.
- Mike Serio’s Po-Boys & Deli – New Orleans, La. is the home of the Muffaletta – a sandwich made with Italian meats, cheeses and a special olive salad – and no place delivers the Muffaletta better than Serio’s Deli. Serving New Orleans over 50 years Serio’s Po-Boys & Deli owners Jack and Mike Serio presented their three-generations-old recipe to Food Network Winner Bobby Flay Muffuletta Throwdown and Won! The Serio brothers distinguished themselves as the Muffaletta Masters in NOLA, now, your Award winning Muffaletta is waiting!
- Café Beignet – For Two hundred years New Orleanians have savored their rich coffee with chickory accompanied by a delicate crisp beignet. The beignets are still mixed, cut, and fried by hand and are cooked to order then dusted with powdered confectioners’ sugar. Cafe Beignet provides a grand cafe setting outside and in and serves the best coffee and beignets anywhere.
- Laura’s Pralines and Candies – New Orleans oldest candy store, Laura’s delicious Creole pralines and hand-made chocolates are made fresh daily in their French Quarter kitchen with recipes that date back to the 18th century. Laura’s also features Laura’s Creole and Cajun gourmet items for a taste of authentic New Orleans.
- Johnny’s Po-boy – Johnny’s Po-Boys is a New Orleans French Quarter Landmark. Established in 1950, Located in the heart of the French Quarter where it has continued out its 3rd generation Legacy.
- The Old Coffeepot– Savor the famous jambalaya at the Old Coffeepot with its antique but casual ambiance and pleasant courtyard, not to mention the food itself. The Old Coffeepot Restaurant, dating back to the 1890’s was featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives – “Signature Twists” host, Guy Fieri, sampled the famous jambalaya…..now it’s your turn.
- Royal House Oyster Bar-Indulge in modern cuisine that meets Historic New Orleans! Let the Royal House Oyster Bar’s southern hospitality and casual yet romantic atmosphere help you escape right into the true heart of New Orleans!
Tastebud Tours will visit several locations and entertain you with the sites of the historic French Quarter, amaze you with fun facts, and fill your tummy up with some of the best Nawlin’s foods
We will visit Jackson Square which has long been the heart of the city, flanked by the Pontalba Apartments, the Cabildo and St. Louis Cathedral.
We will stroll through the cobble-stoned ambiance of Pirate’s Alley all in one long and colorful arcade along the Mississippi River.
We will stroll past the historic Louisiana State Museum consisting of the Cabildo and the Presbytere (among several other museum sites). They flank the Cathedral and are prime attractions for locals and tourists alike. The Cabildo was the original Government House for the French and Spanish officials and it is where the transfer of the Louisiana Purchase was signed. Hungry for a good time?
The Lunch Bell Ringeth………….Savor the Day! Click here to Book your Tour Today
Gift Certificate can be used for any tour date
TASTEBUD TOUR INFORMATION
- Tours run 6 days a week
- A 3 to 3.5 hour food adventure, fun and filling!
- Go online at Tastebud Tickets to check current schedule and ticket availability (click here)
- Purchase your Tastebud Tour tickets at Tastebud Ticket Center (click here)
- Tours start at Mike Serio’s Po-Boys & Deli 133 St. Charles Ave. (between. Canal & Common Sts. New Orleans, LA 70130
- Tastebud Guests will receive food from each Tastebud food stop
- Price of tour includes all food
- Menu items vary – come hungry!
- Vegetarian options are available – please let your guide know
- Participating Tastebud food stops may be substituted due to seasonal and/or unexpected circumstances
- Each tour includes enough food for lunch
- Capacity is 16 guests per tour
- Cost is $44.00 plus tax per guest
- Tastebud guide Gratuities are always greatly appreciated.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing and dress for rain or shine!
- For additional Questions, Check website FAQ’s